Blind Runner Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:14:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did you like Chris and Spiffy playing a game? Suggest a game HERE!

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Story of Lucifer. Chapter Three: Hard Work (NOT about satan)Updates Saturday

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story of Lucifer. Chapter Three: Hard Work (NOT about satan)Updates Saturday  (Read 468 times)
Zhar the Mad
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:17:48 pm »

CHAPTER 1: The Boy

The boy struggled against the beast's wieght, using his small arms to try and hold the thing back. The beast's  jaws snapped and dripped drool on the boys robes, and despite the situation, The Boy found himself worrying about hjis spellbook inh his robes inner pocket. The boy's arms wobbled, and he knew he could no longer hold back the animal. His elbows gave way, and the beast's weight collapsed on him like a stone.
   The boy giggled happily as his large dog, Serbus, licked his face. "Serbus! Serbus, down boy!" He finally wrestled his dog down off him, laughed as he patted his head. "Good boy. Now, I have to go to my first day of magic classes with Master Magum. I'll see you in a few hours, Serbus." The boy was leaving his house and shouted "MOM! I'm heading out to my classes with Master Magum, I'll see you in a while!"
   A woman's voice came back, "Of course, Honey. Have fun."
   "I will, mom." The boy left his house, walking over the worn path through the deep woods, whistling a few verses from A Tale of Two Heroes, his faverite song. He walked throught the deep forest, knowing he would be in the village in a matter of moments. He was a little nervous. The people of the village don't really seem to like me... He thought to himself. He soon found himself walking back into the bright summer sunlight. He squinted for a few moments, then began walking again.
   He was walking right down main street, past all the shops in the town, waving to the occasional passerby, but, like always, he got alot of funny looks from the villagers. Every time he asked his mom, or any of the villagers, he always got the same answer. "It because of your father" His mother would say. The villagers usually just ignored him. He found himself almost to the school where his lesson was to begin. His heart pounded faster and faster as he got closer to the front door. As he reached for the door's handle, he though his heart would rip out of his chest. He thought the other students would surely hear the sound of his heart. He slowly pulled the door open....
   "Hello, can I help you young man?" The young owman at the door said, her blue wizard robe slightly less then modest. She smiled warmly at the young boy before her, making him blush.
   "Uh, yes...I'm here for magic lessons. it's my first day." The boy said, his face red in the presence of this beautiful girl.
   "Oh, of course. And, your name is?"
   "Uh..m...my name is Lucifer. Lucifer Neris." he said, expecting her to suddenly grow silent and glare at him, like all the other villagers.
   "Oh, well I have your name on my list right here. Says your training in...Evocation, particualrly shadow magic, eh? Into the dakr stuff, eh?" She said with a giggle as he walked into the main room of the building.
   Lucifer could only stop and stare as he spotted the man he admired so much. Magum the Magical, son of the God of Magic, Boccob Himself. He stood there, with his snow white hair, standing straight up as usual. Lucifer couldn't take his eyes off the bright blue, pulsing lines of magic that coursed all over the man's body. Magum turned and saw Lucifer. He smiled warmly, and waved the Lucifer over.
   "Ah, young Lucifer. Good to see you on time. Here, meet your fellow students for the next six years." he said, signaling to the other four students standing next to him.
   "Hi, I'm Arken." Said the tall young man in red robes, and bright, flame red hair. "I'm gonna be a master of the art of fire, and no one will stand in my way!" He said enthuisiastically.
   "I...I'm Terra" said the blushing young woman in green robes. "N...Nice to meet you..." She said, looking at the ground instead of at Lucifer. Well, that's rude! Lucifer thought.
   "I'm Ashley" Said the young woman in blue robes, with her massively large spellbook in hand. "I aspire for more knowledge, through the art of blue magic." She said, sounding intelligent and confident.
   "Why, hello friend", Said the younger boy, in a set of painfully bright white robes that seemed to glow. "It's ever so nice to meet you! My name is Markus, and I can't wait for us to become great friends! I study light magic, preferably the non-violent type." He said with a bright and glowing smile.
   The fifth student had gone unnoticed by Lucifer untill just now, and as he realized she was standing htere, he jumped like a startled cat, with an exclimation of surprise.
   The fifth of the students wasn't wearing robes, and for good reason. She stood taller then most of the adult men of the village, although she had the appearence of a girl of no more then thirteen years. It was obvious to Lucifer, and probably everyone else in the village, that she had at least one Giant for a parent. She smiled curiously at lucifer, a look he didn't quite recognize. She seemed to like him. "Hi. I'm Moria. Nice to meet you." She said with a slight giggle. As observant as he was, Lucifer also noted that Terra seemed to be glaring at the giant of a girl, at least a little.
   "Well then." Magum said, "Follow me out back and we can start your training." He said, leading them to the sliding paper door in the eastern style. He slid it slowly, and said "Welcome....To the Magery."

Chapter two: Lucy and the Voices.

Lucifer and the others walked throught the seemingly plain wooden doorway. Lucifer was still straing at the others in the group as they all stopped dead and stared like idiots at the surrounding area. He thought they all looked stupid. tat is, untill he turned and looked at what they all gaped at like fools. His mouth fell opne, and he thought his eyes would burst from his skull.
   Lucifer found himself gazing out into a landscape like that out of Lucifer's fantasy books. He was looking at a land that was beyond his wildest imagination. The grass was green, as all grass was, but it grew in strange, waving patterns. it seemed to shimmer like blown glass with a beautiful glowing lumination just behind it. There were trees, but like none Lucifer had ever seen. The trunkes were thin, no more then a few inches around, at most, but the grow in fantastic shapes, arcs, and spirals. Every tree looked like it was carved from crystal, shining with a kind of inner light. The flashed with every color of the rainbow, casting amazing shadows and bits of light accross everything around the place. The sky was blue like a mormal sky, but the clouds formed a strabge, circular spiral of multi hued beauty, as clouds of every corlor seemed to form a strange pattern that nagged at Lucifer's mind, even as he looked on at the other wonder of the place. He began to notice the multitude of animals, the likes of which he had never seen. He found that, were he to try, he would find the animals inhabiting this place indescribable to anyone.
   The six young students stared fixedly at this place of wonder for a few minutes before Master Magum quiety said "Welcome....To my domain." He slowly urged the students forward, and them carefully tiptoed across the wonderous grasses and plannts. "This is a place for all kinds of magical training and practice, as it's quite in tune with powerful magical energies. This will be your training ground for the next six years." He said with his signature small, curved smile."Well, what do you think, kids?" He asked, clearly expecting an answer.

Arken found himself highly impressed, but, as usual, he felt it necisary to pretend he wasn't, to show how very superior he was to the others. "Pfft. I've seen stuff way better then this place. The others looked at him with varying looks, and he knew right away none of them accually believed him, but he kept up the facade anyway. "Well, we might as well get this over with." He said. He walked forward, and so did the shorter boy in black robes, what was his name? Luke-something, he couldn't remember. Well, this was as good a time as any to give one of his fellow students a nickname...

Ashley found herself listing every plant and animal she saw, almost completly ignoring the others, although listening closely for Magum's voice. She listed the ones she knew well first. Maleficus grass, Arch fern,  Peaceblossom, Fragmented Crystal Shrubery of every color. She then moved to the things she could guess on, but couldn't be sure of. Hmmm, that one might be some kind of Mageweave blooms, but they were some kind she was unfamiliar with. Those could be a kind of Malgnent Butterflies, but the patterns on their wings were like none she knew. She was vaugely aware of the odd boy with red hair shouting some odd word over and over to the small, cute boy in black robes. Not my problem, back to studying She decided adamently.

Terra could barely hold back her squeals of displeasure as the boy in red tormented the boy who's name she forgot. Oh, dear, why doesn't master Magum stop them? Her watery green eyes shifted from the tall man with his glowing skin and straight white hair that pointed up, and back to the boy in red who was tormenting the dreamly little boy in black. Her fingers twitched repeatedly, itching to hurl a spell at the boy in the red robes, but she knew it was a horrible idea. She could only watch in horror as the boy she had fell in love with was tormented by this horrible other boy. He didn't know why the boy in red, was it Arnold?, she didn't know why in the world he would call her dream boy "Lucy" but she knew it was bothering her love, even though his face didn't show it.

Moria watched with an indifferent face as Lucifer was continually called by the annoying and, frankly, not very clever nickname by Arken. She was slowly growing angrier and angrier , but she was careful not to let it show on her face as Arken slowly cemented his fate in her mind. Oh, I will make him pay for tormenting that boy like this, no matter how long it takes. She watched on, and could only ponder why the Master hadn't stopped Arken yet. She decided he was probably testing Lucifer in soem way. She decided to see how things went as well.

Lucifer kept his face blank as the stupid boy, what was it, Arken, that was it, He kept calling him by that annoying name. His face was blank, but no matter how hard he tried, his eye kept twitching violently. He knew he coudln't take the anoying voice for much longer before he snapped. "Awww, Lucy, got something in your eye? Why you twitchin', Lucy? You gonna cry? Awwww, boo h-" Lucifer's mouth curled into a small smile as Arken's onslaught was cut off. Lucifer gripped the boy's throat in a vice like grip, and he knew the boy couldn't breath at all. He pulled him closer, and said in a menacing tone "What's wrong, Arken? Something in your throat? Kava got your tongue? If you insist on calling me Lucy, I will have to insist on seeing your blood flow on the OUTside. Now, why don't you be a good little boy, and listen to Master Magum so he can tell os how in the ninth plane of ehll we got here, because" He poaused here to drop the boy in the grass, "I frankly am dumbfounded. I have never seen a portal of that kind. Would you please elaborate, Master Magum, if it wouldn't be too much trouble?" He hoped the Master would ignore the incident with Arken, but he was prepared to face any concequences.

Magum smiled to himself, and decided not to punish either of the boys, seeing that the situation had resolved itself. "well, you see, it works less like a portal, and more like another dimension, it work's by bending the fabric of...." He drifted off, being able to explain the answer without paying atention. He had some deep concerns about Lucifer, but he thought he would be able to deal with anything that happened. The one he was REALLY concerned about was Markus. His eyes shifted for a split second to the young blonde oy in white, but not enough to be noticed. The boy's mind was a maelstrom of.....something he couldn't quite place.

Markus saw the Master's look to him. The voices within spoke, as they always seemed to. He let out a small sigh, finding it impossible to listen to his Master's lesson on spacial impartiality.
   "Did you see him look at us? he's GOT to know something!"
   "That's ridiculous, he can't read minds. Magic simply can't allow a man to do that."
   "Yes, but he IS a half god, after all. We have no idea what kind of power he might have."
   "Mar, there is no reason not to trust this man at all. he is a professional, so calm down."
   "Kus, there is no reason to trust any of these fools. We need to wary."
   "Oh, for goodness sakes, I can't focus when you two argue! Now be quiet, the Master is talking. And i find it annoying you two decided to split my name in half and each use one. It's very disconcerting. Now, shut up."
   "Wow, I had no idea that was how those worked, that's bloody fantastic!" He spouted cheerily in his out-of-country accent. Even though he had no idea what he was fawning over, but he hardly cared. He had his own troubles.

Lucifer listened to the lecture on Spacial Anomilistic Magic with a thirst for knowledge common in aspiring young mages like himself. "Wow. So, why did you bring us here, exactly?" Lucifer saw Master Magum walk itno the center of the feild.
   "Well, this place is infused to it's very core with magic, so here we will start your first lesson in magic. Here we will learn to touch magic itself. " Magum explained in his almost-monotonous voice.
   Lucifer could hardly contain his excitement, but he had trained himself to hide his emotions perfectly, so hardly was enough. His face remained fairly normal, but inside he was a whirlwind of mental activity. "When do we start?" He said, eager to learn the ways of the Magi.
   "I'm afraid not for a day or two. First we need to begin taalking about the basics." Lucifer certainly knew what that meant; Lots of lecturing and lots of boring stuff before he got to touch magic for the first time. He sighed, and sat in the grass with the others as their Master began explaining the principles of magic. He droned on and on for what seemed like forever. Ugh...He thought This is gonna be a long couple of days....

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 03:42:22 pm by Zhar the Mad » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tirin
Adventurous Watcher
Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

Your personal guardian angel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 06:37:35 pm »

Looks good to me. Could be a bit lengthier, and delve into the psyches of the other characters a bit more.

That said, it IS told from the point of view of Lucifer, so you could certainly disregard my second suggestion.
Report Spam   Logged
Stealthy Killington I
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:24:59 pm »

Yeah, a bit longer could be done. I really don't get a feel for what the characters are like. Try to incorporate some description of some sort.
Report Spam   Logged
Zhar the Mad
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 12:20:21 pm »

CHAPTER TWO IS UP! Everyone praise me, or slander my hard work, or just comment randomly, I don't care. But I do want feedback, please leave a post.
Report Spam   Logged
Yamaha Square-Enix
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +1/-0

Everybody's doing the anime name!... Wait, no.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:23:04 am »

Mmm... Chapter 2's rich with details, I like it. Cheesy

Though my current complaints are the typos.

"Lucifer was still straing at the others in the group as they all stopped dead and stared like idiots at the surrounding area. He thought they all looked stupid. tat is, untill he turned and looked at what they all gaped at like fools."

"Arken found himself highly impressed, but, as usual, he felt it necisary to pretend he wasn't, to show how very superior he was to the others."

And yeah. Otherwise, I liked it, make moar!
Report Spam   Logged
Zhar the Mad
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 05:28:45 pm »

It's been on haiatus for a while, so I'm accually resuming writing right now. Today.
Report Spam   Logged
Tirin
Adventurous Watcher
Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

Your personal guardian angel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:21:04 pm »

It's been on haiatus for a while, so I'm accually resuming writing right now. Today.

Hm. And where did that plan go?
Report Spam   Logged
Zhar the Mad
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:29 pm »

I've been busy with something that's NOT a two-month WoW subscription. Seriously, it's not.
Report Spam   Logged
Zhar the Mad
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »

Chapter Three: Hard Work.

They heaved with all their strength, but Lucifer knew it wouldn't budge. He knew, no matter how hard he pulled on his one of the six connected ropes, they would never move it. HE and the other students had been alternating between studying hard, and doing strange tasks that seemed to have nothing to do with Magic at all. At first they had studied the basics, the stuff Lucifer had been able to teach himself from his father's old Basic Manuel Of Magic. But then it took a turn for the insane. Magum had made them pull weeds, first. Then more studying. Then they had to move huge stones into a pile. Lucifer's arms were sore for a week. Then they were made to scale a cliff with a small boulder tied to all six of them, making the climb together, or fall to their deaths. Lucifer had almost made water at the sight of the ground from  so high, but he would have died from sheer embarrassment if he had. The tasks got worse and worse. The were made to carry a horse for over a mile, then they had to collect ancient tortoises from The Lake, and carry them back to the Callsroom, only to bring them back to the lake. And today was simply ridiculous.
   Magum had tied six ropes to a massive stone block and the group was now trying with all their strength to pull it across the grassy field. Lucifer turned between hearty heaves of his rope, to see that none of the others were even pulling, and were all snickering at him while his tiny, frail form yanked on a thousand stone boulder. He turned red, as red as his pale face cold turn, and let go of the rope. "God, guys! You could have SAID we weren't gonna pull it, or something!" He said, in frustration. Moria came over to Lucifer, her nine foot frame towering over his small, four foot body. She placed her massive, meaty hand on his head, and mussed his jet black hair. "Oh Lucifer,' She said, with a small smile that made Lucifer want to stab something, "We never started pulling. We just wanted to see if you would. Seriously, You'd stab yourself with a rusty letter opener if MAgum told you to." Lucifer was furious.

Markus watched boredly as Lucifer began yelling at Moria. He and the voices laughed the the scene that unfolded before them. He heard the words as if they stood right beside him, but he knew they resided only in his head.
   "Oh man, look at how mad she's getting! I bet you seven silver she breaks his arm!"
   "MAR! You're betting on the welfare of a little boy!......I got twelve silver she punches him in the face."
   "Guys, you sicken me. He's my friend, I can't believe you would bet on his health!......Gah, I've got twenty silver she punts him like a leather ball."
   "Oh, oh! She's getting mad! OH CRAP! He just called her a Lummox! Oh, he's dead!"
   "Oh, dear, she certainly IS getting rather red...."
   " Oh man, it's only a matter of time bef- SPAWN OF A LICH!"
   Markus was equally as shocked at what happened. He couldn't even believe his eyes while it happened right before him.

"....AND YOUR MOTHER WAS THE FILTHY SPAWN OF A SICK GOAT AND A BRAIN DEAD BALOR!" Lucifer finished his rant. He had been getting angrier and angrier, and it was only now, as he stood breathing deeply, that he saw the rage on Moria's face. He whimpered like a kicked puppy. Before he could even flinch, her meaty hands had gripped his lower body like a club. She swung him like a twig, and he knew it would end badly. He felt his skull smash something hard, and his vision got fuzzy. He heard the sound of stone being bashed apart by a hammer as his head struck a second time. He felt blood trickle down his face. He swung around and around, then suddenly his direction changed, and he was swung straight down on the boulder they had been moving. He felt himself drop to the cool grass, and he tried to get to his hands and knees, but his arms and legs were wobbly, and he could barely prop himself up. Then, just as he got up to all fours, he felt the massive foot of Moria come crashing down on his back. He screamed. He felt ribs crack, and he was sure his spine had broken, or at least cracked. He lay in the grass, beaten and broken. He dared not move.
   Lucifer's vision was blotchy and faded, and dark. He saw everything as if he was deep in a tunnel, and it was all happening very far away. He watched as two of the other students, whose names seemed unimportant, dragged him along the Field. He watched himself scream in pain from his own shattered ribs. He watched them pick up his small body, and carry him like a bloodied rag doll. He saw a look of horror and sorrow on Moria's face. She didn't want to hurt him, but she clearly had a temper. Temper...I should get a sword! Even as he thought it, he knew his mind was drifting. He knew it wouldn't be long before he slipped into unconsciousness. He could barely support his head. He got himself ready, and opened his mouth to speak. Only blood came out where words should have been. His lungs had been punctured. He would not survive this. He managed a word. "Stop..." They stopped. He slowly raised his weak legs, and placed them on the ground, and stood. He wobbled over to Moria with eh last of his strength, and said, in a blood filled whisper, "Don't worry....it was my fault." The he collapsed against her leg, and slipped away.

Lucifer saw the man, and walked to him. it was the same dream he had had since his twelfth birth gift celebration, just under a year ago. His thirteenth birth gift was in only a few days. He walked to the man and said "Hello" as always. the man turned, and it was Lucifer, but older. But it it wasn't. It was his father. His father spoke, as he did every night for the last year. "On your thirteenth birth gift day, you must go to the cave behind your home. There you will find my gift to you." Lucifer nodded. He and his father walked to his home, in the dream, and he showed him the strange secret door on the cave behind the home. They walked in. He saw what he always saw. He saw a sword, a book, suit of leather armor, and a cape. He knew they would be his. Then his lungs exploded, and he screamed.

Lucifer awoke in a  bed in the Herbalists home. His chest felt like it was full of embers, and his mouth hurt from having blood dry in it. He whimpered in pain, and the other two people in the room ran up to see him. His mother. And Moria. Moria...."Hello Mother....How are you?" He was interupted by a fit of coughing, which sprayed bits of dry blood out on the white sheets of the bed. She cried. Moria sniffed, and ran out. Lucifer didn't understand what was wrong. Everything seemed fine. Everything.....Everything. Wait.....What WAS everything....He seemed not to be able to remember many things. "Mother....What am I doing here?"

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN! Stay tuned for chapter four, which hopefully wont take so very long next time. Seriously, I'll make it a weekly chapter update. From this day forward, I will update this story every saturday! Stay tuned for more.

ALSO: Apparently there is a 20000 character limit for posts, so every two chapters will be put into a seperate post. So this single post will house chapters three and four, and the next will have five and six, and so on. Have a nice day.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: