Blind Runner Forums
March 19, 2024, 05:57:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Blind Runner Forums!

Home Help Search Arcade Staff List Calendar Login Register  

And the Hero Will Drown -Kingdom Hearts-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: And the Hero Will Drown -Kingdom Hearts-  (Read 2338 times)
Zane Locke
The slayer of ponies at his station
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Playing the anti-hero never tasted so good.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:18 am »

"Hero, hero... this word you'll never know." ~ Story of the Year

“**** it…” Andrew moaned in pain, dragging himself out of bed and across the room, clutching head with his left hand. It had been exactly one week since she left, and every day the pain seemed to at least double, usually triple… or worse. The headache, the heartache… Oh, the heartache. It felt as if the boy’s heart itself was dissolving within him, ever so slowly, yet oh so quickly and painfully. Why did she have to go? he thought, slamming him hand down on the “OFF” button of his alarm. Why the **** did she have to go?

Forcing himself into an outfit more suitable for school than simply a pair of black boxer shorts, Andrew tried everything to advert his attention from the thought of Alex. Unfortunately, trying not to think about something- or, as in this case, someone- in particular accomplishes nothing other than thinking even more about them. Like telling someone not to think about a purple elephant. Popping in his earbuds and tiredly scrolling past several popular (and several relatively unknown) artists on his iPod nano, affectionately named “The Old New Nano,” due to its still being a relatively new model of the nano, although not the newest, he finally settled on Lostprophets, a favorite band of his.

Backpack fully packed and slung awkwardly over his right shoulder, the fourteen-year-old trudged down the stairs, every step as if through hell, knowing that today was one of his final days where he could go to school and expect to see Alex. Arizona, he thought, thoroughly confused. Why the hell there? Out of all the places to go, why the **** pick Arizona?

Hell, why go at all?

Setting his backpack down against the white front door, the paint of which was beginning to crack and peel in one or two visible places, Andrew made his way to the kitchen, yawning as he flicked on the light. From the refrigerator, he retrieved a Snapple Apple, although he wasn’t really in the mood for a drink at the moment. He was never in the mood for a drink anymore.

Sipping at the red liquid, he walked through the doorframe, oddly yet conveniently lacking any form of door whatsoever, to the room that, while called the dining room, rarely was in fact used for dining. He pressed the small circular button on the side of the laptop that rested on the wooden table that took up a majority of the room and took a seat in the wooden chair placed before it, watching silently as the black screen flashed to life, displaying for him five options to choose from; five names, one of which was his own, a small icon displayed next to each, particularly the helix symbol that was seen so frequently on Heroes, an ex-favorite TV show of his, as his own. He clicked the S-like symbol with no hesitation whatsoever, scarcely blinking as the screen transformed into the silhouette of Sora, the main character of the Kingdom Hearts video game franchise, which served as his wallpaper.

Double-click the Mozilla FireFox icon. Watch the white-colored homepage pop up, a simple design of a red fox and the Earth displayed next to a search bar at its center. Click the deviantART link to “Venthus’s” page on the “Favorites” bar just below the url. Minimize the page. Open AIM. Username: PresetFatality. Password: ********. Check Buddy List. Online: “ColorMeToxic xXx”, "JIFFIEMIX72" and “themightytruk.” Maximize Internet.

The white arrow of a mouse cursor glided smoothly across the gray page, coming to a rest hovering just above a button labeled “Statistics.” Andrew clicked it. Another jerk of his hand and the cursor found itself hovering above another button, made available by clicking “Statistics,” this one labeled “More Stats.” He clicked this as well, and frowned at his lack of having picked up any more favorites or comments on his work overnight.

With a tired yawn and wondering why the hell he got up this early, Andrew closed out the internet and opened Microsoft Word 2007, not exactly eager to finish another chapter of “Venthus: Arcanum” alone, but more or less prepared to do so. He had fans, after all. Best not to keep them waiting longer than necessary.

He found himself almost praying for an excuse to step away from the computer for a few minutes by the time he had written a mere three paragraphs. It wasn’t that he didn’t like writing- quite the opposite- but rather that writing seemed to be all he’d done lately. He hadn’t even spared his Xbox360 or PlayStation 2 so much as a glance in the past three weeks, and hadn’t played them in a good five or six.

Which was when he saw the light.

It was a mere brief flash of light, illuminating the back of the room on the other side of the kitchen, but it was unmistakably a flash of light that should not have been. Not when Andrew was the only one awake, not at 5AM.

Naturally, this phenomenon piqued Andrew’s curiosity, and he found himself halfway across the kitchen before he even realized he had stood up. Of course, he was much too lazy to turn back now that he was nearly there, and thus lazily popped his head around the corner to peer into the family room and humor himself with the nonexistent light that he had imagined.

Instead, he almost **** himself.

There, sitting atop a red, plastic chair much too small for even a ten-year-old, PS2 controller in hand, sat a man clad in the same black robes identifiable as Organization XIII’s from Andrew’s favorite game. On the television screen, Wisdom Form Sora Dashed clear away from a deadly lance attack by Xaldin, picking up a Jump reaction command, loading his counter to 9.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

Jump.

The screen blurred, Xaldin crying out in agony as he fell to Sora’s Kingdom Key. A pop-up notified the robed man that he had just obtained a Magnet Element. “Cute game ya’ got here, kid,” the man spoke, his a touch of humor in his voice. “Really does the Secret justice, it does.”

Andrew was at a loss for words.

“Tell me,” the man said, wasting no time in cutting to the chase, “what would you say if I told you that the Keyblades and Heartless and Nobodies of Kingdom Hearts are no less real than you or I?”

Andrew was silent.

“Yes,” the man went on, “indeed they are. Which is why I have come to you. Someone, you see, has been unlocking the Worlds, exposing their hearts to whatever might stumble across them. Under normal circumstances, this would pose no problem, except for the fact that the Door to Darkness, too, was unlocked mere hours ago, and a Heartless horde has been continuously pouring out ever since, showing no signs of slowing.”

“Of course they are,” Andrew sighed sarcastically, scared shitless but unwilling to show his fear to… whoever the hell this guy was.

“The Keyblades of the Realms of Light and Darkness have already chosen their masters, and quite capable masters they are, but I fear many Worlds will perish if the two go about their business trying to restore order alone. They are two deeply flawed individuals, and personal reasons as well as their lack of understanding their job will make it a difficult transition into their new lives as guardians of the Worlds.

“I simply need you to go out into the universe yourself and seal the Worlds they do not. Tidy up after the pair, if you will.”

“Right,” Andrew laughed. “And if I don’t?”

“Then your Earth itself will fall to their incapable hearts; the darkness will overwhelm it, and all shall be lost in a matter of days. It’s how things work. You have little choice if you are to save the ones you love.”

“Okay. I’ll bite. What about the Door to Darkness, then? I gotta seal that, too, to keep the Heartless out?”

“No. Fate shall choose the warriors whose unfortunate destiny that is. Fate has no say in the power I give you.”

“I see.”

The robed man nodded.

Without warning, the shadows of the room cast by the television’s glow against the furniture began to dance to life, yellow orbs of eyes manifesting on the materializing faces of feral-looking entities composed of pure blackness. Neoshadows. Andrew’s jaw slipped open, his eyes widening in horrified yet excited disbelief at the sight of the creatures.

He snapped his head in the direction of the robed man, but instead found himself falling backwards, sinking through the floor itself, shadowy tendrils flying up around him in all directions and wrapping themselves around his body, only tightening and pulling him deeper and deeper into a pool of liquid darkness as he struggled.

A sudden jolt in his heart forced an agonic scream from his mouth, and he could have sworn that he saw a green spark dance across his chest for the briefest of moments. “No!” he roared, panicked and pissed as **** at the robed man who was responsible for this. His eyelids sagged and breathing slowed, senses merging into a blurry mess. With whatever strength he had left in him, he made his presumably last thought audible, albeit only as a faint whisper, as the shadows overtook him: “Alex…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Character Sheet:

Name:

Sex:

Keyblade: (you do not start with this)

Drive Forms: (leave this empty for now; it will be explained when needed)

Appearance:

Personality:

Personal History:

Significant Other:

Education:

Morality:

Interests/Hobbies:

Habits:

Dislikes:

Fears/Phobias:

Talents:

Goals in Life:

Motivation:

Three Wishes:

Misc.:

Intro Post: (for those of you playing characters from Earth, have this happen at some point between 6AM and 9AM EST. yes, there is a reason for this.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

• This is not your cliche Disney/Final Fantasy Kingdom Hearts roleplay. In fact, Disney and Final Fantasy Worlds don't even exist in this game; only Earth, made-up Worlds (by myself or you players), and a select few Worlds that were designed specifically from the series that will be revealed later.
  • Canon characters (Sora, Riku, Kairi, etc.) do not exist, never have, and never will. Get over it.
  • Yes, you can play as yourself if you'd like. I'd discourage it, but I'm playing as myself, so I'm not really in a position to do that.
  • If you wanna make up a World from which your character hails, by all means, be my guest. It's strongly encouraged you do so, actually. Just PM me or contact me via MSN or AIM as soon as possible and we'll work something out.
  • If your character isn't from Earth, don't expect to know jack **** about Kingdom Hearts, especially what a Heartless/Nobody/Keyblade/etc. is. I mean really. Have a bit of common sense.
  • (At least at the game's start) the Worlds in-game don't even know of each others' existence, much less have contact with each other. Keep that in mind at all times.
  • Keyblades can be canon or made-up. If you choose a canon Keyblade, the Kingdom Keys, Oathkeeper, and Way to the Dawn are off-limits. If you use a made-up Keyblade, include either a good picture, a vivid description, or both. If your made-up Keyblade was not made up by you, be sure to give credit to its creator.
  • Rules can and will be added as necessary, so check back often.
  • Contact me via PM, MSN, or AIM if you have any questions or concerns whatsoever.

All out-of-character questions, comments, and discussion go here: http://blindrunnerproductions.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,116.msg1455.html#msg1455
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:56:21 pm by Itsuki Koizumi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Itsuki Koizumi
A very handsome, good-looking man.
Omniscient Watchers
Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

The universe restarts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:17:28 pm »

Name: Jeff Hartmann

Sex: Male

Keyblade: Oblivion

Drive Forms: (leave this empty for now; it will be explained when needed)

Appearance: About 5'8", 165 punds. His brown eyes, he has been told, are like deep abyss' that you could stare into forever and lose yourself in. He wears a shirt with the album cover to "The Divison Bell" by Pink Floyd, and over that, a gray and black, horizontally striped zipper jacket, un-zipped. His jeans aren't skin tight, not baggy. His hair goes down pat his eyes in the front, just a little, and in the back curls up when it hits his shoulders. He appears slim, though his shoulders are broad. On the bridge of the nose between his eyes is a small blemish that looks like a crater. It came from scratching off a chicken pock in first grade.

Personality: Usually pretty nice, though he is a little more defensive then he should be. When people he cares about are in danger, he is usually the reasonable one of the group, though he has acted irrationally at times. He's usually trying to be funny in both tough and easy situations, and he usually succeeds with it.

Personal History: Jeff was born on August 4th, 1994. He was born in Underwood Hospital from Mary Hartmann. He had lived a very average life, very little had been different from the usual "Childhood stories". He had the family vacations, the fights with his brother, the first haircut, first doctor's appointment. Up to grade 5 was the usual stuff, and until grade 7 he wasn't remarkabley different.

In 7th grade he had his first girlfriend and first kiss. at the time he was very into ska bands like Reel Big Fish. Over the next year, his personality would change. He would go from depressed to consoling and somewhat happy. In November of freshman year he would meet a girl named Mish. He would gain her number and in the next few months slowly fall for her. He eventually began listening to Muse in 8th grade and they are his current favorite band.

Significant Other: Michele Makouo... Sort of.

Education: Freshman High school.

Morality: caring

Interests/Hobbies: Rock Band 2, music

Habits: Jeff is always doing something different, though he always seems to be sarcastic.

Dislikes: Constriction, limits

Fears/Phobias: spiders. Loneliness. The unknown.

Talents: Bassist, expert Rock Band guitarist, strong legs.

Goals in Life: To be a professional musician and make a difference. change the mentality of a generation.

Motivation: Love, personal reasons.

Three Wishes:
1- To go to genie school to make wishes for himself.

2- Free the genie

3- N/A due to wish 2.

Misc.: Jeff is an aetheist, who has never believed in fate or destiny.

Intro Post:
Jeff opened his eyes, tiredly. He looked around, neck cracking as it turned. "Why the **** am I up so early?" he murmured, noticing the extreme darkness that was around him. As he looked around, he rubbed his eyes a bit more. "Well, I guess I should go get breakfast or something." he said. He pushed the blankets off of his body, sweating heavily. He sat on the edge of his bed for a moment then hopped off. Only this time, instead of immediately touching the floor, he continued falling. The screams soon began.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" he screamed, falling down a black endless abyss. He tried to grab ahold of a side but when he grabbed there was nothing. As he fell, his voice began muffling. Pretty soon he couldn't even talk. It was then he had realized he had stopped. He looked out and saw a man dressed in green.

"You there!" He called out. "Come here boy, and I shall allow thee to speak."
Of course, Jeff needed the ability to speak. He used it to communicate, like most normal humans. He decided to walk up to the man in green.

"Do you know where you are?" He asked. "You are in the dark abyss. You will soon make this place your home. I cannot tell you why, I can only tell you that it will be soon. But now you must go."

Jeff opened his eyes, back in his bed. He jumped and fell off, but instead of hittingthe ground, he continued to fall.
Report Spam   Logged
Mesmerio
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 03:12:38 pm »

Name: Christina “Tina” Mammu

Sex: Female

Keyblade: Sleeping Lion

Drive Forms:

Appearance: Tina is a woman with a fairly average height of around 5’ 7”. Her body build is slim but extremely toned. To look at her is to see a warrior born and bred. Her skin is a mocha colour due to the harsh climate of the Arada Desert in which her people live. To match her mocha skin she has dark brown eyes and hair as black as the devils heart. Her body currently carries few scars despite the intense war she previously fought in. One noticeable blemish however is a deep cut across her left thigh from her duel with Jederia. The scar shall never heal nor dissipate due to the magical power of the wielder and the weapon used to inflict the wound.

Despite the burning, hot heat which permeates the Arada Desert Tina tends to dress in entirely black. She wears a battle dress; which consists of a light leather jacket stitched onto a Myrr garment, which covers the majority of the upper body leaving only a fraction of the breast area showing and cuts off at the shoulders, alongside a    short skirt which cuts off at the knees that is almost attached to her skin due to nature of the material used. Because of the material and craftsmanship in the “costume” Christina is protected to the same degree as if she wore heavy leather armour while suffering no weight disadvantages whatsoever, the clothes are essentially to be clichéd as light as a feather. To accompany this on each of her wrists she wears a gold bangle, imbedded with a blue sapphire, her personal gem, on top of black fur gloves with each of the finger slots curved into a cat like claw. On her feet she wears onyx black fur boots, again imbedded with a sapphire and with cat paw decoration around the toe area. Due to recent circumstances in the Kingdom of Albion, Christina has had to resort to using an alter-ego when travelling across the majority of the realm. In order to hide her identity she can be frequently seen wearing a cat mask which covers her forehead with a pitch black cat mask but conceals all below the eyes with a veil. While wearing the mask Christina is feared among the criminal syndicates and cults and has earned the moniker of “The Black Cat” due to her attire as well as her nature of appearing from the rooftops and disappearing almost instantly after dispatching the criminals from this plane.

Personality: Christina is intelligent, calm in battle, and always prepared for the worst. Growing up in the Arada Desert has taught her to survive on the absolute minimal amount of sustenance required. This has given her a strong resolve and made her an almost cold and calculated individual. However her personality is in a mess due to the many influences in her life including the hero Sam, her father and the trauma she experienced during her imprisonment. While communicating with people in general she will display a happy go lucky care free attitude. She possesses a strong sense of good and evil and has the naïve belief that good will always triumph at the end of the day. However once she enters combat and starts to fight for her life her mind instantly becomes a tactical masterpiece. Able to anticipate almost all of her opponent’s moves and using her cunning techniques and natural agility Christina is truly a force to be reckoned with in battle.

Personal History: Pre-Chaos War History: Born in the quiet town of Hulundar in the heart of the Arada Desert, Tina grew up as the daughter of the town’s mayor. She was loved by all in the small settlement and grew up as an adventurous and care free child. When Christina was 8 she was given her first sword and within a year had become one of the most accomplished duellists in Hulundar. 2 years later Hulundar was attacked by bandits and Christina aided in the defence of her home. Half of the houses had been burned to the ground when she was corned at the entrance to the town hall. As the leader climbed the steps to enter she felt a rush of power flow through her and the towns well behind him exploded sending a torrent of water into his back, the impact crushing his spine. The rest of the gang fled, petrified at this strange witch who had killed their leader with such ease. Christina was taken away by Imperial Sorcerers a few weeks later and for three long years she was tortured and bullied with the intention of convincing her to serve the Imperial Army.
     Eventually they gave up and left her to rot in a dark, damp cell at the top of their mystical tower. When she was 15 she was rescued by the young warrior Sam. He stormed the Sanctorial Citadel with his sword Zweihiender and a mastery of fire magic the Imperial Sorcerers didn’t stand a chance. Christina was instantly besotted with her rescuer however she found her advances rejected as he told her that his life was that of a loner and he would never look for her again. Angry, betrayed and heart broken Christina returned home to learn her father had been killed and the town was awaiting her return to lead them as he once had. Scared of authority and unwilling to sacrifice her freedom Christina washed her home out of existence using her magic, leaving no trace of the town’s existence. She then fled and took to exploring Albion, perfecting her fighting techniques and protecting endangered travellers.

Chaos War History: One year ago the Chaos War begun. Tzeer, Jederia, Foshar and Quetzla were simultaneously released from their most recent tombs, a plan masterminded by Tzeer himself through the use of the leader of the Imperial Sorcerers, a master of summoning magic and dark energy. The gods taint spread across the Kingdom and the King’s forces could do little to stop them. However at a timing most unusual the vigilante Sam appeared once more to his devoted admirer. Christina followed him into battle with the demons from the Netherworld and soon they had gathered a group of seven adventurers who together possessed the powers to defeat Chaos.
1.   Sam, a travelling swordsman with unnatural fire based magic. He carries the sword Zweihiender and a shield into battle.
2.   Abi, a princess of Albion and resident of the Lunatarian Villa. Abi is a mistress of air magic and fights with a Chinese blade.
3.   Karl, the commander of the Knights of Albion. Blessed with the power of geomancy and a fierce fighter with two huge great swords.
4.   Robert, a wandering mercenary who wields the deadly katana SungSong. He is a master of lightning and can use his powers to increase his speed and agility.
5.   Jade, Abi’s royal bodyguard and a master warrior with a polearm. Jade controls ice magic and has been known to entirely freeze a building she is trying to protect.
6.   Lauren, a member of the assassin’s guild in the south-eastern corner of the kingdom and a force to be reckoned with. Lauren was gifted with complete control over shadow magic, which accompanies her profession perfectly.
The seventh warrior was Christina and together they defeated the four chaos gods banishing them back into their tombs, including the mighty Tzeer who has supposedly been banished once and for all this time. Christina’s greatest accomplishment during the war was defeating the goddess Jederia in single combat allowing room for Sam to use the Solus Blade to kill her, allowing the Lunate Sages to seal her immortal soul away. The seven heroes became legends across the kingdom however as a final act of stupidity King Tyranus signed warrants for their deaths, with the exception of Karl and Robert who remained in Imperial service, and send a legion of bounty hunters and mercenaries after them.

Post-Chaos War History: In order to hide from Tyranus’ treachery Christina became a costumed vigilante, taking the persona “The Black Cat” she patrolled the roads of Albion defending those in need once more but this time as a wanted “criminal”. Her last memory of Sam was his departure on a journey of spiritual awareness and her memory is a fond one. She knows now that if she waits he will return to her so in preparation she strived to turn Albion into a kingdom worthy of him to rule, as would surely be the case on his return.

Significant Other: Christina has no significant other but she has bonded with Sam and believes that one day he will return to her. She listens desperately to the whispers of the beggars of Albion, waiting for the message concerning the return of the legendary warrior.

Education: Christina has had no formal education but is capable of reading and writing and is knowledgeable about her world and home.

Morality: Christina would be seen a Good Neutral character. She is a hero, she saves the day. But it doesn’t mean she follows all the rules or all the laws. She does what she can with what she has and always strives to achieve the best results for everyone else around her.

Interests/Hobbies: Christina’s life is not entirely business. She does like to take the time to relax and enjoy pastimes such as gambling and reading.

Habits: Christina is a human with few habits. She tends to follow the same patrol routes every time she scouts the city, she will always have meat on a Tzeluh Night (Thursday for you Earth people) and will always visit the same Tavern known as, “The Ceiling Cat”. Reports come in from the tavern of numerous peeking Tom’s but the owner does little to stop these and will merely let the rumours pass by.

Dislikes: Abi, swimming, Tyranus and the Imperial Army

Fears/Phobias: Christina has but one fear; Sam will never return. With the defeat of the Chaos Gods there is nothing for her anymore. If he was to die then the world would have no more purpose to her, she has few other friends and nothing else worthy of accomplishing in her life. She lives entirely and forever in the hope of him leading her as he did all those years ago.

Magic: Christina is unique among the denizens of Albion; the only others who have power such as her are the other 6 heroes. While magic is adverse and change depending on a person’s emotions or actions Christina is an eternal hydromancer, queen of the waves. She has the potential to cause a tidal wave to wipe the entire continent however such an action of course would end her life do to such a huge exertion of pressure on her mortal form. As water particles are part of the atmosphere it is easy for her to take what little water she was to work with and simply make more, thus proving her magic to be usable anywhere at any time. However while these powers exist within her and have been used numerous times before Christina is a warrior at heart and prefers to use her rapier, Hydralye, in battle and will only resort to magic if it looks like she is going to lose.

Goals in Life: When she was younger Christina wished to be the chief of her tribe. However now that her village is buried under sand and water she has chosen to lead her life with the intention of defeating evil forever and staying at the side of she whom she is obsessed with. It is important to state here that while she may be obsessed with him nothing has been said from him that he returns these feelings, however an event is believed to have taken place the night he left which gives evidence and reason for the pursuit of her hero.

Motivation: Christina’s motivation is to survive long enough to see Sam once more. He is all that remains in her life since everything and everyone else has been killed or lost to her. If he was to die she wouldn’t know what to do and would most likely follow a journey of self destruction, killing as many on the imperials as she can until her death.

Three Wishes: Christina’s 3 Wishes are:
1.   For Sam to return to her one day and for them to live together forever
2.   For Tyranus’ corrupt activity to be found out and for his head to be placed on a pike outside the castle.
3.   For her to eventually redeem herself for the terrible actions committed in her youth such as resorting to unsavoury methods to make money to survive and burying her village under water and sand.

Misc.: N/A

Intro Post: Moonlight shone down from the starless sky as The Black Cat expertly navigated across the rooftops of the Imperial City’s barracks. He dark clothes and nature made her almost invisible to the patrolling watchmen as she made her way to an open window, lit by a small candle. She stopped for a second to catch her breath and examined the window ledge. Laying on it was a blue feather which was dangerously close to the edge. As The Black Cat neared the window the feather gently flew away, leaving the ledge bare. Looks I got here just in time. Christina jumped, soaring across the chasm beneath her and clutched desperately to the ledge and attempted to pull herself up. Stupid, Stupid, I knew I wouldn’t make that… why did I take it? Fortunately for her a man grabbed her arms and pulled her up into the room.
“Cat what were you doing? You could have died!” he whispered angrily, unable to raise his voice in case the other soldiers caught a scent of his midnight visitor.
“I’m fine Robert, honestly” She smiled, brushing the dust off her clothes she walked over to his desk and poured herself out a glass of wine.
“So how have you been my friend?” she asked. Her body’s position gently leant to one side, pushing her body forward at the same time. “Been busy?”
Robert ignored her attempt to distract him and pushed his blonde hair out of his face before replying.
“It’s been good cat, better without you but then again, it wasn’t much worse with you.” He commented reaching for his own glass and taking a sip, his eyes narrowed. The Black Cat saw she was losing ground and withdrew her body into a more aligned posture.
“Ever the joker little Robert aren’t you?” she replied, sarcasm dripping from each word. She turned back to his desk and helped herself to a small round biscuit, she pushed her veil aside to eat it and her attention had momentarily been taken away from her host. Both remained silent for a few minutes, the only noticeable sound was the occasional munch from The Black Cat.
“Listen cat, why did you come? You told me to arrange a meeting and I left you a signal to show it was safe, just as you said.” Robert finally burst out. He held no vendetta against her, despite her presence threatening his lives’ stability.
“I miss him Robert and you were the closest to him…” She confesses, a tear slowly drips down her face concealed by her mask.
“If that were true he would have contacted me Tina, he was closer to Abi anyway, it was obvious to everyone.” His reply was slow, each word was carefully followed by the next, and he knew she wouldn’t like his response.
The Black Cat turned to Robert and lifted her mask off her head. She closed her eyes to stop the tears. Why must she always interfere? Why would he prefer her to me?
 “It’s always going to be her he picks is it not? It will always be her, despite what he said to me, despite what we did…”
I will always be there for you Christina, you must merely look in your heart…
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:32:31 pm by Geriand, Master of Osmosis » Report Spam   Logged
Stealthy Killington I
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:51 pm »

In this post shall go my character sheet. It shall be completed after I have finished the description of my world and I have chosen which of my characters to use. Possibly myself, I haven't used me in an RP... ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Zane Locke
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »

In this post shall go my character sheet. It shall be completed after I have finished the description of my world and I have chosen which of my characters to use. Possibly myself, I haven't used me in an RP... ever.

If you're making up a World from which your character hails, you can't play as yourself. You're from Earth. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Stealthy Killington I
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:20 pm »

If you're making up a World from which your character hails, you can't play as yourself. You're from Earth. lol
That's what you think.
Report Spam   Logged
Zane Locke
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 03:42:52 pm »

That's what you think.

Yeah, but I'm the DM. What I think is law.
Report Spam   Logged
Stealthy Killington I
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 03:49:54 pm »

Yeah, but I'm the DM. What I think is law.
Damn. Well, if Geriand can be a relatively important character from his world, than so can I.
Report Spam   Logged
Zane Locke
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »

Damn. Well, if Geriand can be a relatively important character from his world, than so can I.

Si senior. This is true.
Report Spam   Logged
Mesmerio
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 04:09:23 pm »

I would have been the "Sam" of that world but Pony told me not to be myself for this RP since I'd milked him too much.
Report Spam   Logged
Zane Locke
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 04:11:28 pm »

I would have been the "Sam" of that world but Pony told me not to be myself for this RP since I'd milked him too much.

I.... did? I don't remember that conversation at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Mesmerio
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 04:19:20 pm »

I.... did? I don't remember that conversation at all.
Neither do I, but I think we both commented on the over use of myself and decided that playing a different character would make a refreshing change.
Report Spam   Logged
Wildrose
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Healing ****

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »

Name: Risu

Keyblade: When he gets it, it will be the Photon Debugger

Drive Forms: (leave this empty for now)

Appearance: Risu appears to be a young man with silver hair and green eyes. He’s extremely muscular but wiry, not bulky. He typically wears a jumpsuit with numerous pockets to hold his equipment when he’s working. He had black goggles that he wears while working, and other times he keeps pushed up onto his forehead.

Personality: Risu is not a terribly pleasant person. He is cold and analytical, and prizes logic above all else. He has an explosive temper that he has no choice but to control carefully, and is very frustrated as a result. He works out a great deal of hostile energy through exercise. He can, however, be a very loyal friend to those who earn his friendship.

Personal History: Risu comes from a hyper-advanced set of worlds. He was born into a manual labor caste family and was assigned that role as a child. Determined to break out of that caste, he self-taught himself how to be a technician and was accepted to the Demirene caste. Unfortunately, he has failed many citizen wellness tests due to his temper and negativity, putting a halt to any advancement and causing social problems for him. Essentially, he is very alienated from his own society and hates his place in it.

Significant Other: None

Education: Self-taught

Morality: Risu is conditioned to act in a socially acceptable fashion. This isn’t possible for him to go against, but even if he could he wouldn’t kill the innocent. However, he has no compunctions about lying and manipulating to get what he wants. Of course, due to the conditioning that is often the only thing he can do.

Interests/Hobbies: Cooking

Habits: Risu is extremely logical and methodical in everything he does. He’s definitely the kind of person to measure before he cuts.

Dislikes: Dogs

Fears/Phobias: It’s not exactly a fear or phobia, but Risu is conditioned to act in a socially acceptable fashion. He literally cannot strike out at someone. He can defend himself, but that’s all. If he tries to do something else socially unacceptable or even thinks about it too hard, his AI system can induce nausea, cramps and diarrhea. This is a purely physical reaction but it is a very effective deterrent.

Talents: Risu is a machine telepath who can fix any machine regardless of technical level. He’s also good at driving and using machines.

Goals in Life: To remove his conditioning. Failing that, to be his own boss. Failing that… to have good food, a good place to live and some friends. Preferably at least one of the intimate variety.

Motivation: Same as goals

Three Wishes: To remove his conditioning, be his own boss and find someone to care for.

Misc.: Risu has nanite systems that heal injuries almost instantly. And the feeling of pain along with flesh mending is pleasant to him. The nanites are also why he still appears young. His people can live for hundreds of years, although they rarely do.

Intro Post:

Risu frowned as he stepped out of the lift. It had been a long shift, and he was tired, but there was still one task remaining.

He carefully suited up in a padded suit of armor, and checked all the clamps meticulously before putting on his helmet. It clamped into place easily, and the HUD display lit up. Normally, he didn’t need all this, but today was an exception.

The walkway he needed to reach was exposed to the unstable elements of the void of strife. Risu paused as he walked on the thin, flexible steel and began setting up his lifeline. He did that with the same meticulous care he had given his armor. The last thing he wanted was to fall in the void.

He worked and lived at a way station. It sat over a maelstrom that was not real enough to be a world, but not unreal enough to part of the darkness. No one had really explained how it could exist, but the general theory was that it was a matter sink. That somehow, pieces of worlds occasionally broke off and needed to be recycled, and this was the place.

Whatever the truth was, though, didn’t really matter. In this place that straddled the line between real and unreal, his people mined the volatile elements that could be smelted and alloyed into the fabric of their ships. Those ships could punch through the barriers between worlds, although at ruinous energy expense. So this place also served as a way station to recharge those ships before they continued their journeys. Risu glanced down at the docking centre, and saw it was full. Things had been busy lately, for some reason, although it was a fair bet that at least half of the ships were carrying ‘filler’ goods. If you wanted to take items from one world to another, the exact mass of what you took needed to be replaced or instability was generated. So much of the traffic was simply replacing more valuable commodities.

Risu turned his gaze away and began repairing the sensor array. It had been damaged just yesterday. Not surprising, even with the force fields they used to keep everything functioning. Several agitating agents were watching him slyly in the distance. They lived… no, they existed here. Strange creatures of darkness, Risu had heard that worlds with a more poetic flair for words referred to them as Heartless. But naturally, given that it was poetic and creative, the word had been banned from acceptable speech patterns.

Risu didn’t fear them, but he didn’t underestimate them either. He had never seen it, but had heard stories of what they could do and didn’t doubt them in the least. Fiction was outlawed in his world, which had the upside of ensuring that painted with blood was not an exaggeration.

Risu suddenly stopped working, and glanced around. There was something watching him, something beyond the agitating agents. He turned slowly in a circle. His instincts were based in his telepathic ability, and while it was more oriented towards machines than people, he trusted those instincts completely.

Still, the figure in a black robe came as a shock. It was standing directly behind him, blocking his way back to the rest of the station, and Risu tensed.

My, this is a strange place you have here. The black robe seemed to be breaking up around the edges, and Risu wasn’t surprised. The maelstrom below him exerted an inexortable pull on all matter that wasn’t somehow protected. I need you, but I really don’t have time to explain. Sorry. Risu blinked, then started forward as the dark figure swung a blade at the walkway.

It should have been ridiculous. No… sword could penetrate the future alloys the walkway was made from. It required special tools to even shape. But his instincts screamed a warning and Risu obeyed, trying to vault past the figure.

But he was too late, too slow, and the walkway shattered like broken crystal beneath the blow. The sensor array and helpless technician floated off into the void, then down towards the maelstrom. The agitating agents darted around, confused, seemingly unable to find him.

“Risu! What’s going on? All the sensors just went mad! Are you-“ Risu shut off his earbug. He didn’t want to listen to idiocy for the last moments of his life. Although he did idly wonder how his supervisor would explain the loss of the sensor array. It was vastly more expensive to replace than a mere technician.

Then everything went black.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:47:13 pm by Wildrose » Report Spam   Logged
Stealthy Killington I
Blindage Whore
Color-Blind Runner

Awesomeness +0/-0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 08:54:16 pm »

Name: Lord Juan Gates

Keyblade: Lionheart (Though I may decide to make my own at some point between now and starting. I'll let you know if I do.)

Drive Forms:

Appearance: Juan stands tall and proud at the height of five feet eleven inches.  His build is firm and solid, yet not overly muscular. He is more than capable of

Personality:

Personal History:

Significant Other: Money

Education:

Morality:

Interests/Hobbies: Mocking the poor

Habits: Mocking the poor

Dislikes: The poor.

Fears/Phobias: Becoming poor

Talents: Being rich.

Goals in Life:

Motivation:

Three Wishes: Juan desires three things in life, to regain his land from the Black Capes, to do away with the Repoder Comore, and to become Emperor.

Misc.:

Intro Post:

((I am not done, there is still much more, even in the sections that already have text.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 04:42:32 pm by Stealthy Killington I » Report Spam   Logged
Dr. Nog
Blindage Whore
Blind Fetus

Awesomeness +0/-0

Where am I? I have no idea....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 09:15:17 pm »

Name: Scott Wintergreen

Keyblade: Tenebrex http://nachtwulf.deviantart.com/art/Keyblade-Tenebrex-1450786

Drive Forms:

Appearance: Scott is 6'2 and 170 giving him a normal looking figure.  His face is normal yet portrays a bit of mistrust. He has a bit of beard stubble growing in that matches his brown hair. Scott likes to keep his hair short with the front up a bit, he likes to give it a "just rolled out of bed" feeling. Scott has a pair of over the ear bose headphones that are always around his neck or on his ears. Scott has deep blue eyes that match the oceans where he grew up. Scott usually wears two shirt, a plain white under shirt, and a collar shirt with all the buttons left over. The button shirt is a very dark blue, with hawaiian style white trees all over it. His choice of shoe are blue, white, and black Asics, as they make him feel like he's walking on air. Scott's fairly  tan and keeps himself clean shaven. Scott wears jeans that are a dark navy in color while just a big baggy.

Personality: Scott is laid back. Anything that can be put off should, and will be put off... Unless of course it's something he likes doing. Scott normally speaks in slang, but under extreme circumstances or when he's making fun of someone, he will speak in perfect english. Scott loves listening to music through his headphones, and when they're not on his ears they are around his neck turned up to a volume so that while he can hear the others around him, he can still hear his music. He will often sing along to his music, or because of the style, rap along to it. People that **** off Scott usually end up from emotional scarring because of how absolutely brutal he can be when he wants too. Scott is often tired and his eye lids have a slight droop to theme that he often rubs to try and wake himself up. Scott is a flirt with just about any girl he thinks is hot.

Personal History: Scott grew up in a urban environment. He grew up a normal city kid life, having two parents, neither of them really home all the time because of work and other things. He went to school and graduated high-school. During which, unlike other kids, Scott started a DJ company with a few friends. At first, they were only being booked at small parties, nothing vert big, extravagant or well paying. Then came their lucky break, while wandering around one day, Scott and co found an abandoned warehouse where they decided to host their own major party, charging money to get in of course. Over the next few weeks, they kept the same routine eventually buying the warehouse in the company's name. Finally, they could actually renovate that place and make it into a real club, which had been their ambitions at the start of the company. The parties kept happening, eventually charging more, and being able to serve cheap drinks at it. This cycle of hosting the parties and renovating the club went on until it was considered one of the night "hot spots." They had decided to name the club 7's, because their were seven of them, it symbolized luck, and thats what they had been. Even as a founding member, one of Scott's favorite things to do is to DJ for the club at night sometimes. Scott normally over-sees the running of their current club while his friends take care of the other aspects of the business, though they all do hangout every weekend in their executive area in 7's.

Significant Other: None as of current

Education: High-School

Morality: True Neutral. To Scott, the end's justify the means, always.

Interests/Hobbies: Music, DJ'ing

Habits: Saying the words to a song that matches the occasion

Dislikes: Bad Music, anyone who wakes him up while he's trying to sleep. Obnoxious people who just won't chill...

Fears/Phobias: Silence.... It's true though... Scott is so used to having music surround him that even when he goes to bed, he puts on a specialized play list on his I-pod. When the music and sound totally stops, Scott feels awkward, out of place, and starts getting nervous.

Talents: Being a DJ, also he is a natural athlete.

Goals in Life: Keep 7's going because that's his joint.

Motivation: To keep 7's going.

Three Wishes: Being at an End-less party. Getting paid to party... Oh wait... He already does, and have Megan Fox whenever he wants.

Misc.: His favorite food is french fries.

Intro Post: The sneakers squeaking on the court sounded as though they could be heard miles away. Each single squeak cut straight to the inner ear of each person on the court. This irritant wasn't helped at all by the sun beating down hot as ever on those who were playing. It was three on three, shirts against skins, and Scott happened to be on the skins. They were up by two, not that any one was actually counting score, it felt good to play without any real seriousness. He and his other two team-mates huddled together quickly, it didn't really matter as the other team was doing the same thing, thinking of the next team dunk they would attempt. "All right, what's the deal?" Scott said smiling even though all three of them were heavily panting, as were the three guys on the other team. "This is gonna have to be our last one, I gotta go soon." Kevin said next to him. Their third, Jake, who was their so called team captain, looked very serious as he said, "Either of you ever play NBA street?" Scott and Kevin both looked at each other, smiling as they knew what Jake had in mind, "Let's do it." They said together before breaking the huddle.
Scott moved down the court dribbling the ball, the three guys on the other team were playing a loose defense, evidently too tired to put in the same effort as all of them had put in earlier. Scott didn't blame them, he doubted he could do much better in this heat. Not the time, ran through Scott's mind as he began the elaborate play. It worked beautifully, Scott faked right, threw the ball against the backboard as a pass to Kevin. Kevin then spiked the ball through his legs to Jake, who caught it perfectly, took the boost off Kevin's back and dunked the ball. As they were celebrating the success of an elaborate while walking off the court, Scott remembered that he had left his shirt as well as the rest of his belongings. "I'll catch up with you guys in a minute." He said starting to jog back across the court where he left his shirt, cell-phone and car keys. He retrieved his belongings and then looked up at the sky, "beautiful day," he said under his breath, his eyes lost in the blue with white cloud streaks that made up the sky for the day. He shook his head and began walking back, noticing that his friends had already left without him.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:14:02 pm by Dr. Nog » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: